Saturday, December 27, 2014

Internet Chat Rooms: Are We Missing the Point?

In my short life, after years of talking too much, I’ve come to realize that if one is always speaking, one never listens. If you never listen to others, well, you’re limiting your access to a lot of knowledge and information. Recently, after much deliberation I thought I’d check out what the world of Chat Rooms is like. People talk to each other by text, voice, and web cam. This is a really big phenomenon; I wanted to see what all the fuss is about.

I expect there are many chat rooms where people with similar interests get to know each other, and share their perspectives on various aspects of life. These are great, much cheaper than telephones, and multiple, random people can chat to one another simultaneously.

But I speak the truth, and my preconceived ideas about mindless gossip from jaded humans were sadly affirmed as I arbitrarily checked chat rooms...

Read more of the article...

No comments:

Post a Comment